Friday, October 30, 2009

Ta Da !!!


My first official project is done !!  The samplers towels are off the loom, hemmed and ready for use.  Though they looked better on the loom, because of some errors I discovered early on in the weaving process.  Oh well,  that is part of the learning process.   They are very heavy towels, compared to the 8/2 and 10/2 cotton towels I have seen in the past.  Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome. 

Now on to the next project.  I have no idea what it will be, but I have enough 8/2 unmercerized cotton to create what ever I want. 

Below is a picture of the sampler towels from Weaver's Craft Magazine. This was my goal. Think I got pretty close.



These are the towels after hemming, before washing.


This is a look at all the towels on the loom before I am ready to take them off.


Towels in progress on the loom. More color and lots of counting!


Towels in progress.....



Now, time for some research on what I would like to do next.  This might take a night or two.  Then back to the warping board for me !

No comments:

Post a Comment