Ta Da !!!


My first official project is done !!  The samplers towels are off the loom, hemmed and ready for use.  Though they looked better on the loom, because of some errors I discovered early on in the weaving process.  Oh well,  that is part of the learning process.   They are very heavy towels, compared to the 8/2 and 10/2 cotton towels I have seen in the past.  Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome. 

Now on to the next project.  I have no idea what it will be, but I have enough 8/2 unmercerized cotton to create what ever I want. 

Below is a picture of the sampler towels from Weaver's Craft Magazine. This was my goal. Think I got pretty close.



These are the towels after hemming, before washing.


This is a look at all the towels on the loom before I am ready to take them off.


Towels in progress on the loom. More color and lots of counting!


Towels in progress.....



Now, time for some research on what I would like to do next.  This might take a night or two.  Then back to the warping board for me !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow Weave - new structure for me

Summer Over - Weaving Again

Wool Rugs ~