The War Has Been Won !

The war is finally over !!  I have been fighting tension since I rolled my warp onto the back beam.  Just keeping things even was a chore.  After much fussing with it, I decided to unwind it all to the front beam and then beam it back onto the back beam.  With alot of luck and "my sword" I was able to keep the tension on, little by little getting it back on the beam.  This is my first time warping Back to Front so it has been a challenge.  Since I have done 2 samplers and one project all warping Front to Back I was learning things all over again.  It did prove to be more tangle free, but I think more tedious.  Leaning into the loom to get the heddles threaded from the front proved painful (my arms) but very organized.  Below are some pictures of my feat.

"I think I got it !! "

Looks good from afar.....

Warp from the back side with the lease sticks still in.

The Sword - life saver - sanity saver.

So I am ready to weave in a header tomorrow and get busy with these towels.  Can't wait to see how the Mixed Berry weft will look with the Eggplant warp.  Surprises around every corner!


Popular posts from this blog

Shadow Weave - new structure for me

Summer Over - Weaving Again

Time to play catch up!