Wool Rugs ~

The Saddle Blanket turned out very soft, bright colors and it will never see the back of a horse.  The wall is it's destined spot for now.   Another project that the dogs would love to turn into dog blanket.



Wool rugs are on my bucket list of projects to do.  Having done rugs before, but all were warp faced.  These will be weft faced and what I call a "slow weave".   Lots of wool and not enough time, but I am working through it as I can.


Navajo rug design in saddle blanket - Macomber Loom
Collingwood Rug Wool


Krokbradg - Norwegian rug design - Glimakra Loom
Halcyon Rug Wool


I am weaving these rugs in parallel, just to see the difference in structure and level of complexity.  Both are keeping me on my toes and I am loving the results so far.

Comments

  1. OH, I see an absolute beauty in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is gorgeous!! I have done a small one and it was so heavy when finished. My cat loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow Weave - new structure for me

Summer Over - Weaving Again

Time to play catch up!