Blue Ribbon Surprise !

My lesson in color taught me another lesson...mistakes can sometimes be a good thing.  The yellow that I chose to make the second set of star towels at first didn't look like it was going to be the right color for this project.  As it turns out the yellow was perfect !  The towels together make for a cheerful display in the kitchen.



Summer is a time for county fairs and to support our local textile display I was convinced by a wonderful, very experienced young (92 years) weaver to enter a couple weaving projects.  So I did.  Little did I know that it would garner me my first blue ribbon ever!     Needless to say I was shocked and it took a little convincing that it really happened.  I have only been at this about a year and a couple months, so there is a lot I have to learn.  This lesson in color that I thought was a failure turned out to be a wonderful success not only in my kitchen but the judge thought so too!  Yippee !


My list keep growing of projects that catch my eye.  Currently, I have a rag rug warp on one of my looms that will be made with Pendleton Wool selvages and the other is a small Doubleweave project on my other loom.  We will see how it goes.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your blue ribbon!!! That just makes your towels even more special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow Weave - new structure for me

Summer Over - Weaving Again

Time to play catch up!