Winter Scarf


This week I have been working on getting my loom dressed with the warp for a winter scarf.  The warp is Silk Noir and the weft is Alpaca/silk.  Having never worked with Silk before for the warp, I found out very quickly that it is not as strong as the 8/2 cotton I worked with on the towels.  Only 2 broken warp threads so far and that happened when I was dressing the loom.  The scarf will have a 6 inch fringe on each end and the scarf itself is 7 1/2 inches wide.  The pattern calls for a total woven length of 72 inches.  It will be a while before this is finished.





As you can see,  12 inches so far...lots to go !




Fringe at the beginning with cardboard insert.


Comments

  1. I just found your blog and I can't wait to see how your scarf turns out. The advancing twill draft looks lovely and your colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow Weave - new structure for me

Summer Over - Weaving Again

Time to play catch up!